Textual is the world’s most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
• Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
• Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
• Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
• Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
- Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
- Autocompletion for nicknames, commands, and channels
- Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
- Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
- Growl and native Notification Center support
- Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
- Inline nickname colorization
- Perchannel notification controls
- Powerful ZNC integration for power users
- Powerful filters that can perform commands in response to input
- Powerful, customizable, rulebased ignore matching
- Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
- Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
- SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
- Support for sending selfsigned certificates for authentication
- Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
- Viewing multiple channels at the same time
- iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
…and much, much more!
See http://www.codeux.com/ for more information
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later
Web Site: http://www.codeux.com/textual/
Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/textual-7/id1262957439?mt=12
What’s New in Textual 7.0.10
- [ADDED]: Added inline video support for public Nest camera clips.
- [ADDED]: Added setqueryname command which can be used to rename query windows.
- [ADDED]: Added preference beneath “Only inline images and videos” in the Inline Media section of Preferences that when disabled, disables embeddable video services such as Vimeo, YouTube, and others.